[NFBMI-Talk] NFB: Honoring The Federation's Support For Welfare Of Blind Ukrainians

Kane Brolin kbrolin65 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 13:18:13 UTC 2022

We in the National Federation of the Blind usually are focused on
issues impacting the blind and visually impaired subpopulation within
the United States: hence the word "National" in our name.  But it is
worth celebrating that the Federation has turned a significant amount
of our focus in recent weeks to assisting those blind men, women, and
children who find themselves displaced--sometimes at risk of great
peril or even death--as a result of the Russian invasion of their
country.  I have found out about this through a non-Federation source:
Mr. Jonathan Mosen, who has become notable as a highly successful
blind entrepreneur and broadcaster who has become widely heralded in
many parts of the world.

While listening to Mosen At Large podcast Episode #175, I learned that
largely through the Federation's efforts, $92,000 had been raised to
help blind Ukrainians as a function of the giving campaign that
coincided with the "We're With U!" concert that aired live online
during Saturday, April 16.

Even though we're in the month of May, You can still donate to this
cause via the National Federation of the Blind Contribution Form.
https://nfb.org/contribute/BlindWithU  The funds collected using this
form do not go to the NFB's efforts Stateside, but they go toward
assisting blind Ukrainians.  Donating in this way does require use of
a credit card.

If you would feel more comfortable donating to this cause via PayPal,
or through some vehicle other than the NFB, or if you're not
comfortable with e-commerce, you can arrange for the same donation by
dialing (240)885-7246 and leaving a voicemail message with your name,
phone number, location, and how much you are pledging to contribute. A
representative from World Blind Union will call you back in the coming
days. Please do not share your credit card information on voicemail.
If you prefer to use PayPal, using the form supplied by the World
Blind Union Contribution Form.
https://www.canadahelps.org/en/dn/15825