[NFBMI-Talk] Fun on a Friday: NFBMI White Cane Kareoke

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Tue Nov 1 15:40:43 UTC 2022

Hey Friends

I hope everyone is ready for a great time this weekend in Grand Rapids at our 2022 state convention. Our national representative, Pam Allen, told me this past weekend that she and Roland are so excited to meet our members and get to learn more about the Michigan affiliate. One way that you can do this is by joining us for a conversation and laughs at our hospitality event, NFBMI White Cane Karaoke. You know I always make sure you are entertained, so here's what you need to know:

  *   White Cane Karaoke will take place in the Ontario and Eerie Rooms at the Sheraton Grand Rapids Airport Hotel and Conference Center on Friday, November 4, 2022 at 8pm EDT.
  *   The event theme is "Returning in Rouge." So be sure to wear something that represents the family of red: maroon, rose, purple, violet, coral, etc.
  *   All paid attendees will receive a wristband indicating you have access to the event. If you took advantage of the preregistration $10 rate, then this will be included in your preregistration packet.
  *   You are free to pay the admission rate of $20 at the event if you were not able to take advantage of the preregistration period. You will receive a wristband and number if this occurs.
  *   This is an open community event, so everyone is welcomed to join us for the fun. We have invited some of our sponsors and exhibitors to also socialize and get to know the group.
  *   You are not required to perform if you attend the karaoke event. Your admission covers your place in the room.
  *   Fundraising committee members, I included, will be at the event throughout the evening with 50/50 raffle tickets for sale to support the event and help if there are any issues during the performances.
  *   The event offers a cash bar and appetizers. The bar will operate on a drink ticket basis, so after arriving attendees can locate fundraising committee members to purchase their drink or 50/50 tickets.
  *   Drink tickets cost $10. Drink tickets can be purchased at the event using cash, credit, or contactless pay. Simply find a committee member to purchase yours.
Attendees interested in performing at the karaoke event will receive directions on song requests live at the event. While you get to meet other attendees, friends, and new visitors, we suggest that you get comfortable because you won't want to miss the door prizes that were so generously donated to our committee by community partners and established donors. You must be in the building to win the medley or items we have to offer, so don't be afraid to reach out if you have any questions. The official flyer for the event is also attached. We challenge all our membership to share this flyer during the week with anyone that would benefit from an exciting night of fun, friendship, and Federation support.

With Love, Hope and Determination,

Robert Parsons, Jr.
President| At Large Chapter
Board Member| National Federation of the Blind of Michigan