[NFBMI-Talk] Reasons for Thanks...

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Thu Nov 24 23:43:16 UTC 2022

Greetings and Happy Holidays

I wanted to take some time to speak about thanks. Thanksgiving is an American holiday that promotes the message of unity, humility and appreciation. Though we all live busy, interesting lives, the state affiliate board of the National Federation of the Blind of Michigan recognizes the voluntary dedication each of you give to our efforts and I think I speak on behalf of them by saying Thank You. Thanks for the hours of preparation some of you put into our agenda building for conventions. Thank you for the work our seniors do every week to make the division the most active in our affiliate. Thank you to our chapter members throughout the state that locally advocate for the rights and respect of blind people and for setting an example of the potential and capabilities that still aren't reached by our members and future members. I thank you all because sometimes this work can feel thankless, but your efforts are not overlooked. Please enjoy the holiday if you celebrate it and if you are not one that celebrates, please take our thanks because you deserve it for being authentically you. Peace and love to your family, friends and loved ones.

Appreciatively,

Robert Parsons, President
National Federation of the lbind of Michigan
P: (269) 216-8640