[NFBMI-Talk] Call for NFBMI Exhibit Hall Table Volunteers

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Fri Oct 28 21:44:09 UTC 2022

Greetings Friends

Our first vice president announced our exhibit hall earlier this week! This is such an exciting time for people to experience what convention feels like in person if you are a new member in the past three years. Our affiliate is happy to offer a table at our 2022 Exhibit Hall on Friday, November 4 from 1-5pm. At the NFB of Michigan table, we offer literature about our affiliate, information about our different chapters and divisions, and will have some fundraising items present for people to purchase. These items include:

  *   NFBMI Cell Phone Lanyards ($12 each, Two for $20)
  *   NFBMI 50/50 Tickets ($5 each, Three for $10)

Our affiliate is hoping to find members that are interested in volunteering 30 minutes of their time to work a shift at our exhibit hall table. This is a chance for you to meet members, learn about our sponsors and exhibitors, or even help the affiliate sell out of our items.  As a reminder, our cell phone lanyards are the popular fundraising item that we sold in New Orleans at our national convention this summer. It is a case that allows for handsfree access for your phone while also serving as a carrier for small items like credit cards and identification. Our 50/50 raffle is a popular staple each year at convention and the winning ticket will be pulled at our annual banquet on November 5, 2022. The NFB of Michigan exhibit table will accept cash only, but if you are interested in paying with credit, debit or contactless pay methods, please contact Robert Parsons or Athere Jammoaat the hotel. To sign up for a shift at our table, please reply to this message or send a text to (269) 216-8640 with your full name and the shift time you would like to request. After a response is received, you will be added to our affiliate exhibitor schedule. We are so grateful for your support and hope that this is an exhibit hall to never forget.

Sincerely,

Robert Parsons, Jr.
President| At Large Chapter
Board Member| National Federation of the Blind of Michigan