[NFBMI-Talk] Flint/ Genesee NFB Presdent wins Crim Foundation Lionheart Award!

Jason Bias JBias at thegdl.org
Mon Aug 28 14:31:17 UTC 2023

Hi Friends and Colleagues,

The amazing and talented Sheila Fulmore, President of the Flint/Genesee NFBMI chapter was awarded the Harry Binder Lionheart Award at this year's 46th HAP Crim Festival of Races in Flint, Michigan.
Like I said, she's amazing. Sheila is the driving force of our chapter. Under her leadership as Chapter President, she assembled a fantastic group of people and together they have hosted two community picnics, a state conference, held a beautiful gala, got accessible pedestrian signals installed in downtown Flint, and she assembled the first blind and visually impaired Crim road race training group. Sheila has an ability to get the best out of people, push when pushing is needed, create a welcoming and warm environment, and do it with seeming ease. She is a real and genuine inspiration to me, and it makes me so happy that the Crim Foundation recognized her as a lionheart.
Article from ABC 12,  "Visually-impaired walker named Crim Lionhart Award winner"<https://www.abc12.com/community/crim-festival-of-races/visually-impaired-walker-named-crim-lionhart-award-winner/article_0f70fce4-42d0-11ee-99cd-63d0c8fd3658.html>
And yes, it's Harry and not Gary like the article says.

Sincerely,
Jason Bias

Senior Librarian

Talking Book Center and Homebound Service

Genesee District Library

4195 West Pasadena Avenue

Flint, Michigan 48504

P: 810-732-1120

Fax: 810-732-1161

www.thegdl.org<http://www.thegdl.org/>

he, him, his

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any opinions expressed in the email are those of the individual and not necessarily the Genesee District Library. I prefer Flint Coneys but Detroit Coneys are a close second place. This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use is strictly prohibited.