[NFBMI-Talk] Fundraise with the Federation: Blind Equality Achievement Month!

rob.parso3389 at gmail.com rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 15:35:16 UTC 2023

Good Morning Federation Family,

What if I told you that this is my favorite time of the year? I mean,
wouldn’t it be for you? The weather is just about to get cool; apples are
coming into their prime and the pumpkin spice in my latté is nestled nicely
under the whipped cream. Outside of your favorite shows beginning their new
rotation and new academic years for students unfurling, Federationists can
also be excited because we are on the cusp of Blind Equality Achievement
Month!

BEAM, formerly National Meet the Blind Month, is an opportunity for society
to understand the accomplishments, challenges, process, and skills that
blind people experience every day; to better facilitate respect and
understanding. Throughout our country, blind people commemorate
breakthroughs in employment, legislation, matriculation, and other areas to
bring awareness to the significance of our efforts.

This year, our affiliate will be producing its “White Cane Winners” virtual
auction during Blind Equality Achievement Month. With the support of some
generous donors, the NFB of Michigan has acquired a few items that are
primed to be bid on in a competition for bragging rights and to support
blind people accomplish their dream.  The fundraising committee could use
your help to continue to make this event great! We are currently accepting
donations for this virtual fundraiser and challenge all members, chapters,
divisions, and leaders to get in on the action.

What is a donation?

You can help get donations to White Cane Winners in two forms: donated item
or monetary donation. A donated item will be placed on our virtual auction
platform or bundled with other items to be bid on. A monetary donation will
be used to purchase items for bidding.

How to Help Get Donations?

You can help get donations by using the attached donation pledge form and
speaking with members of your community, employment, family, or school about
the work of the Federation, Blind Equality Achievement Month, and the
programs we conduct each year, including this one.  All pledges are subject
to a screening process and items must fit the criteria that is outlined in
the attached form.

The National Federation of the Blind of Michigan appreciates the work that
our members put into making programs like White Cane Winners a success. The
deadline for donation pledges is September 20, 2023. We look forward to
working with all members in supporting your efforts while you connect with
your communities and raise their expectations of the blind as we live the
lives we want.

With Love, Hope and Determination,

Robert Parsons, Jr., M. A., CRC, CVRT, LLPC

President, National Federation of the Blind of Michigan

www.nfbmi.org <http://www.nfbmi.org>

(269) 216-8640