[NFBMI-Talk] From The NFB In Communities Of Faith: Sharing The Sad Passing OfTom Anderson

Kane Brolin kbrolin65 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 23:38:19 UTC 2023

Hello to all within reach of this message.

On the e-mail list for the NFB In Communities Of Faith, it has been
shared that long-time division president Tom Anderson passed away in
the late afternoon of Tuesday, August 29.  He had been battling
multiple illnesses for a while.

Even while his body was failing, though, Tom remained busy in the
service of his Lord and dedicated to the work of the Federation.  Tom
was active within the NFB's Kansas affiliate.  I am told that up till
his death, Tom was serving also as the chair of the Christians Group
within the National Federation of the Blind.  I am reminded of the
words of St. Paul as he bids farewell to his former acolyte Timothy,
anticipating a martyr's death.  "I have fought the good fight, I have
finished the race, I have kept the faith."  I am sure the same may be
confidently said of Tom Anderson.

I never spent any time speaking individually with Tom, but his memory
is highly esteemed.  Spirituality matters a lot to NFB affiliates in
the Midwest.  So I just want us all to have the opportunity to honor
his life in whatever way you deem appropriate.

As of now, no announcement has been made as to a memorial service.
But the best way to stay in the know about things related to Tom
Anderson is to apply for a subscription to the Faith-Talk mailing
list, found at https://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/faith-talk_nfbnet.org.

Thank you.

Respectfully,

Kane Brolin