[NFBMI-Talk] Our Apologies and Important Updates

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Wed May 10 11:48:01 UTC 2023

Wonderful Wednesday Friends!

I hope this Spring weather finds you all well and using your umbrellas
sparingly. I wanted to drop by and provide a few updates before the
next edition of “The Informant” on May 15, because there have been
some challenges that the board was working on, and we do apologize for
some communication issues our members may have been facing over the
weekend:
•	After some unforeseen challenges with our newly migrated webpage,
Members may have noticed that emails they sent this past weekend to
affiliate board members with NFBMI email addresses (President,
Treasurer, VP, Convention) may have bounced back. This issue has been
resolved. Please reach out to the party you were hoping to contact so
that we can assist where needed.
•	As a reminder, the deadline for registration for the NFBMI Raising
Expectations Accessing Life (REAL) program is May 15. To learn more
about the program or the two track: STEM2U (ages 8-13) or NFBMI
Scholars (ages 14+), please visit www.nfbmi.org/real.
•	The deadline for registration for our 2023 convention for the
National Federation of the Blind in Houston, Texas in swiftly
approaching. Please visit www.nfb.org/convention to learn more about
the venue, agenda, registration package and other important items
related to this  experience.
•	If you are a member of the National Federation of the Blind of
Michigan and are attending NFB national convention in Houston, Texas,
there is an opportunity for members to apply for financial support
from the state affiliate. To do this, dues paying members can send a
letter requesting support to the state board. In this letter, please
state: the amount requested, what you hope to gain from your
experience and your participation in the affiliate since our 2022
national convention in New Orleans. This letter must be emailed to
convention at nfbmi.org by May 15, 2023

As always, I appreciate all your membership, activity, and support as
we work through some of the new updates to our webpage. With our new
model, which is in line with our national office’s I invite you all to
take some time to tour the new navigation tools and access commands
using your favorite screen reader or preferred access technology. I
also invite you all as dues-paying members to look for resources that
you expect to find on our webpage and to consider items that you’d
like to find easily. If there are items you believe would be more
easily located, consider conversing about this with your chapter or
division president, for it would be a fruitful conversation for the
board to consider at our state board meetings. For future discussions
or questions about these updates, please feel free to reach out at
269.216.8640 or President at nfbmi.org. I am so proud and blessed to be
working with you all and still believe that with love, hope, and
determination we can turn dreams into reality. Let’s go build the
Federation!

In Confidence,

Robert Parsons, Jr., President

Robert Parsons Jr
Richmond Chapter Communications Delegate
www.nfbv.org

"Persist Until Success Happens"