[NFBMI-Talk] Issue with some Google Forms and JAWS

atherjammoa at gmail.com atherjammoa at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 23:30:04 UTC 2023

Hello everyone,

I am sending this email because I have been told some people have had issues
with the Michigan's Got Talent Google form. Through a series of testing on
my part, I was able to determine that at this time, JAWS seems to be
occasionally considering the edit boxes in a Google Form as unavailable,
even though you can still fill them out as normal. As a result, it is
skipping passed them whenever you use form navigation commands to try to
locate them. So far, tabbing appears to be the quickest way of finding them,
and has always been one of the most efficient methods of navigating through
them in general. Once you find them, you can still fill them out as normal,
which further seems to prove that the issue is probably a JAWS issue, and
not a Google Forms issue, so just try tabbing through the Michigan's Got
Talent form and see if that will help.

We look forward to seeing more of you enter what promises to be a very
enjoyable talent show! Do not forget, the deadline to enter is October 31,
2023. If anyone continues to have issues filling out the form, please feel
free to reach out to me via email, and I will do what I can to assist. You
can email me at:

atherjammoa at gmail.com <mailto:atherjammoa at gmail.com>