[NFBMI-Talk] Michigan Association of Blind Students Call 9/2/23

rob.parso3389 at gmail.com rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 23:31:22 UTC 2023

Happy Saturday Friends!

It's exciting to discuss the Fall. At the August meeting of the board of
directors of the NFB of Michigan, our affiliate heard from some of our
student members with a huge update. The work that the Youth and Family
committee put into our "Raising Expectations Accessing Life" program
uncovered a desire of our members that are students or are in transition to
learn more about what the Federation has to offer for them or people that
are still figuring out their needs in the transition stage of their lives.
The Michigan Association of Blind Students, a proud division of the National
Federation of the Blind of Michigan, is a division within the affiliate that
addresses the unique challenges and needs of students or people in this area
of life. Our network of students includes information, networking and
resources that provide opportunities for students and potential students to
advance their academic and professional journeys with the love, hope and
determination of their Federation family.

The Michigan Association of Blind Students will hold its biweekly "Advocacy
Alley" meeting this evening at 8pm. These meetings provide an open forum for
students to discuss current or potential challenges they may face in
advocating for their needs as a blind student or member of an educational
institution or workplace. During the second half of this meeting, the
students will be discussing and brainstorming their work for state
convention, including their exciting "Michigan's Got Talent," hospitality
program on November 10. If you are a student attending state convention and
interested in helping plan or participate in this program or student events,
please join the student division via Zoom this evening at 8pm. We look
forward to connecting with you.

Zoom Information

https://zoom.us/j/9612695221?pwd=dHlxZDNwcVVZbUVTYUM5cEU4cDlndz09

>> Meeting ID: 961 269 5221

>> Passcode: 902855

>> One tap mobile

>> +16468769923,,9612695221#,,,,,,0#,,902855# US (New York)

>> +13017158592,,9612695221

With Regards,

Robert Parsons, Jr., M. A., CRC, CVRT< LLPC

President| National Federation of the Blind of Michigan

www.nfbmi.org <http://www.nfbmi.org>

(269) 216-8640