[NFBMI-Talk] Birding by Ear change

donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 13:38:11 UTC 2024

Birding by Ear change in location

Please join us this Saturday, April 13, for an exciting birding event. We
cannot meet at the Environmental Interpretive Center so we will be traveling
to Cross Winds Marsh in the southwest corner of Wayne County. The marsh area
is one of the largest manmade wetlands and it was built after the Macnamara
terminal was built on previous wetlands near the Detroit airport. It has
become a highly successful ecosystem with over 400 bird species and over
forty species of mammals including beavers. We will be experiencing the
early spring frogs as well as lots of snakes waking from their winter rest.
There are nesting Bald Eagles and many Sand Hill Cranes as well as lots of
water fowl. There are four miles of trail and board walks though we will not
be traveling all those trails unless someone wants to enjoy that
exploration. So consider meeting us at the entrance to the park for lots of
wildlife wonder.

For more information contact Donna Posont at 313-220-8140 or
Donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com <mailto:Donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com> .