[NFBMI-Talk] NFBMI Soundboard?

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Tue Apr 23 11:40:27 UTC 2024

Good Morning Debbie,

Thanks for reaching out. My apologies for how late this email reply is coming back. Many of our leaders were in Ann Arbor at the 2024 NFB of Michigan Leadership Retreat. The NFBMI Soundboard is a monthly opportunity for members that are customers of BSBP to ask questions or voice concerns they may have to the state affiliate about challenges they are facing. As we are a member organization of the Consumer Involvement Committee (CIC), we can answer questions about some of the policies that we have knowledge about as it regards to different areas for students, vocational rehabilitation, seniors, independent living or specific programs. If there are concerns that need to be elevated, we also have the option to do this during our quarterly CIC meetings. We take notes so we can voice these needs to not only BSBP, but to other member organizations so that we can consult with other organizations on pathways to solutions. Often, this helps with policy changes  or initiatives. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Robert