[NFBMI-Talk] NFB BELL (R)Academy For Illinois: Looking For Out-Of-State Kids To Participate

Pauline Smith zim1993 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 00:47:48 UTC 2024

Good Evening,

The participants in the Springfield BELL program get a chance to take part
in a wide range of activities that enhance skills and introduec new ones.
These include walking to and from the activity site, visiting a place that
has a wide variety of low and high-tech items to increase independence, and
preparing a meal to share with their families. I had the opportunity to be
assistant instructor in that program last year and enjoyed the experience,
even though I felt like a sore thumb that didn't fit in with the skill
competence of the other blind adult volunteers.

Pauline