[Nfbmo] Fw: [MSB-Alumni] OT: Ohio School Marching

Susan Ford johnsusanford at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 8 14:22:02 UTC 2008

Hi all;

Anyone who lived in Iowa in the late 1950's knows that the Iowa Braille and
Sight Saving School marched two different years in the international Lions
Parade--the first year in Chicago and the next year in New York.  My guess
it that it was 1958 and 1959, but I can't remember for certain.  I could
name quite a number of members of that band that many of you would know, if
you saw the list.  A bit later Michigan had a band as Fred said, and I
suspect there were others.  It is still a compliment to blind people and to
the Ohio School band to be asked to participate in the Rose Parade.

Susan Ford