[Nfbmo] Web Site Includes Not Being Loaded

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 25 18:06:06 UTC 2008

Good afternoon everyone,

    This is to alert you to a problem on affiliate Web sites that use PHP
includes to display content on multiple site pages. These sites use this
technology to make updating of content site-wide quicker and easier for the
site administrator to maintain. The technology used is called Hypertext
Preprocessor more commonly called PHP.

    There appears to be a problem with these includes not being loaded when
the page is displayed due to PHP not being enabled either on the client end
or on the server. The effected page areas are the navigation links that
appear on all site pages.
    When upgrading Web sites or the hardware on which they run you can
always expect the unexpected. Prior to the server upgrade this was only
happening on some Web site home pages. Now it's happening site-wide on Web
sites incorporating PHP components such as the includes that display the
site navigation menus. Bruce Timberlake, David Andrews, and I will
troubleshoot this problem as quickly as possible and will let everyone know
when the situation has been resolved. Some of you have sent me updates for
your affiliate Web sites. I'll get these on server as soon as I can, but we
need to prioritize issues to address. Before you can find particular site
content you must be able to get around the Web site. Fixing the navigation
menu will make that possible. At the moment this is job one. Thanks for
everyone's patience and understanding. Once the ducks are in flying
formation and everything on the new equipment is working correctly it will
serve us for many years to come. Best wishes from Mary and I for a great
weekend and a happy Halloween.

Peter Donahue

"Given a chance to dream it can be done.
The promise of tomorrow is real.
Children of Spaceship Earth the future belongs to us all."
Flying for Me,
John Denver