[Nfbmo] Web Site Navigation Fix Coming

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 27 18:04:53 UTC 2008

Good afternoon everyone,

    After several days of testing we have founded a fix for the navigation
menus not showing on your affiliate Web site pages. Your sites will be
converted from PHP to SSI for this fix to be applied. This will take at
lease several days. I'm working from the site with the fewest pages to sites
with lots of them. Modifications to include tags and links must be applied
to every last page on your Web sites for this change to be successful. I
expect to have the Writers' Division Web Site restored to normal operation
in the next few days. the NFB of Missouri will follow and should be back to
normal operation by the end of this week or early next week. Tennessee your
affiliate Web site should be back in action by the end of next week. The
Memphis Federation of the Blind Web Site was restored to working order
yesterday.

    On the old server we could use PhP to permit included text to appear on
all site pages regardless of whether or not the site pages were in the route
folder, or in a subfolder that contains particular site content I.E. a state
or division newsletter for example. For some reason PHP would not allow us
to use the path to permit includes to appear on site pages located in
subfolders hence the shift to another Web language which permits this
content to appear on all site pages regardless of their location.

    Again a big thanks for your patience while we resolve this issue. This
was something totally unexpected and we're trying to put things right as
quickly as possible. Mary and I are also looking forward to attending the
2008 NFB of Texas State Convention in Dallas this weekend. After dealing
with this a weekend get-away will be just what the doctor ordered. All the
best for a great week ahead. thanks again for your patience and
understanding.

Peter Donahue

 "Given a chance to dream it can be done.
The promise of tomorrow is real.
Children of Spaceship Earth the future belongs to us all."
Flying for Me,
John Denver