[Nfbmo] The NFB Where The Blind Work Needs Customer Service Job Descriptions
newmanrl at cox.net
Mon Aug 24 14:17:26 UTC 2009
The NFB Where The Blind Work Needs Customer Service Job Descriptions
We need descriptions of all types of customer service jobs and how
you do them. Your description will be added to the NFB's "Where The
Blind work," a new and ever growing resource of career descriptions
and how the blind compete within them. This is a great resource to
assist youth to plan for future employment and for the adult who is
looking to change jobs and/or careers.
Your description must follow the below five question format:
When completed please email them to me at
<mailto:newmanrl at cox.net>newmanrl at cox.net
(A * indicates a required field):
1. * Name, * Industry in which you work, * Job title, Address 1,
Address 2, City, State, Zip Code, Phone number, E-mail,
* 2. Please explain to us what any worker would do on this job
(specialized blindness alternatives will appear below).
* 3. Please tell us the cause of your blindness. Then, let us know
about the alternative methods and/or techniques you use to perform your job.
* 4. Please let us know of any required special training, education,
certificates, experience, etc. needed for this job.
* 5. Please tell us about anyone or anything that aided you to be successful.
(A joint project between the Jernigan Institute and the NFB Writers'
Division; for all people)
Visit the "Where The Blind Work" at-
President NFB Writers' Division
Robert Leslie Newman
Email- newmanrl at cox.net
More information about the NFBMO