[Nfbmo] airport security checkpoints

Matt Sievert msievert at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 2 12:32:47 UTC 2009

Thanks Bryan!

This reminds me of the time shortly after 9/11 when I was navigating Lambert Field in St. Louis.

They had reconfigured the passenger checkpoint areas, and the way I used to get to the specific gates I was used to had changed dramatically.

I went through security once, but found I was in the wrong area, and was going to simply cut across the hall that I used to use to get to my gate.

Since they had moved everything around I ended up going the wrong way through the exit corridor of the security area, and all kinds of sirens and flashing lights went off.

The terminal came to a complete halt. No one got in or out of the security area. They told me to stop where I was, and for the next five minutes they tried to determine where I was heading, (minneapolis I told them), and if I was dangerous.

Other travelers were shouting words of encouragment, such as "don't pester the blind guy"

They eventually found me mostly harmless. The airport found an extra TSA employee and they escorted me back through security and to my gate, where they waited until I boarded my plane.

Good times at Lambert Field.

Matt Sievert