[Nfbmo] Fw: Convention 2009

Fred goodfolks at charter.net
Wed Jul 15 20:30:02 UTC 2009

March for Independence
----- Original Message -----
From: Kevan Worley
To: goodfolks at charter.net
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 7:43 AM
Subject: Convention 2009

            Fellow Federationists:

            As we approach the end of another successful Imagination Fund campaign, I offer you this word of thanks and encouragement. Thanks to you for reaching out to family, friends, co-workers, and those you meet throughout your daily life. Thanks for reaching out and telling them about the important work of the NFB, your personal story, and why you are so committed to the Federation. Thanks for asking those you visit to support your effort by making a donation to our NFB Imagination Fund. Thanks to each and every one who participated in this year's March for Independence - A Walk for Opportunity in The D. Thanks to all of you who raised the dollars in support of this critical campaign.  We know by our personal testimonies that it changes lives.

            Remember, there is still time to get donations in.  All contributions received by July 31 through mail or through http://www.marchforindependence.org/ will be credited to you for this current 2009 campaign. Your steering committee encourages one and all to make a final push. We will be  highlighting the top Imaginators, individual totals, state, and team totals on presidential releases and in the  "Monitor"  this fall. So get the competitive team, personal, and state juices going. There's still time to raise your totals significantly. Let's give this campaign one more big push. Through the convention, we have raised a little over $400,000. I believe we can get well over $450,000 in two weeks, if we all do just a little extra. For example, I've just received an after-convention contribution of $250. Yesterday, I asked a friend for $25 and she gave it. So, make a few more asks and let's finish strong! For Braille, for important affiliate projects, for Youth Slam, for The Movement.

            Thank you.

            At Your Service,

            Kevan Worley
            Chairman, March for Independence/Imagination Fund

            Unsubscribe  |   Update Preferences  |   Visit Our Web Site  |   Tell-A-Friend

            1800 Johnson Street Baltimore, MD 21230
            410-659-9314