[Nfbmo] Fw: Freedom Scientific GPS Solution for the Blind Released

Ruby Polk r.polk1 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 29 20:34:45 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: @ Freedom Scientific News
To: r.polk1 at sbcglobal.net
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 1:32 PM
Subject: Freedom Scientific GPS Solution for the Blind Released

Greetings!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Media Contact: Brad Davis
800-444-4443 or 727-803-8000
www.FreedomScientific.com
Sales: info at FreedomScientific.com

Freedom Scientific Releases New GPS Solution for the Blind
StreetTalk VIP Now Shipping
St. Petersburg, Florida - July 27, 2009) - Freedom Scientific today announced the immediate availability of StreetTalkT VIP.

Running on Freedom Scientific's PAC Mate OmniT Accessible Pocket PC, StreetTalk VIP offers GPS navigation that takes into account the unique needs of people with visual impairments. The application uses technology from the Sendero Group to determine the best route from point A to point B for either a vehicle or a pedestrian and presents information to the user with synthesized speech and/or refreshable braille.

Jonathan Mosen, Freedom Scientific's Vice President of Blindness Hardware Product Management, says, "StreetTalk VIP is a powerful tool for exploring your surroundings both virtually and in real time."

Mosen adds that, "During our extensive user testing process, I've used StreetTalk VIP in New Zealand, Australia, the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. I can sit in my hotel room and find information about nearby points of interest. Using the virtual mode, I can explore the surrounding streets while I'm still in my room, and decide where I want to go before switching on my GPS receiver and venturing outside. If I'm taking a taxi, I can print out the route directions for the driver, or simply monitor my PAC Mate Omni and give him directions. StreetTalk VIP gives me great real time information, whether I'm traveling on foot or in a vehicle. I love the independence I have with StreetTalk VIP and would not leave home without it."

StreetTalk VIP is available with maps for the US and Canada, Western Europe, Australia, and New Zealand.

For more information including a full pricing schedule, visit the StreetTalk VIP Web page or contact Freedom Scientific at 800-444-4443.

About Freedom Scientific
Freedom Scientific is the world's leading manufacturer of assistive technology products for those who are vision impaired and products for the special education and learning disability market.

Freedom Scientific®, PAC MateT, and StreetTalkT are either trademarks or registered trademarks in the United States and/or other countries.

            Forward email

            This email was sent to r.polk1 at sbcglobal.net by freedomscientificnews at freedomscientific.com.
            Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribeT | Privacy Policy. Email Marketing by

            Freedom Scientific | 11800 31st Court North | St. Petersburg | FL | 33716-1805