[Nfbmo] Fw: Convention-Smoking,Guides and Agenda

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 19 01:08:48 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: Eugene Coulter
To: Gwunder at earthlink.net
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 6:57 PM
Subject: Convention-Smoking,Guides and Agenda

(Please distribute to both lists)

The final arrangements have been made for the 47th annual convention of the National Federation of the Blind of Missouri. I know I am looking forward to the hospitality of our St. Louis Chapter.
Just a few arrangement notes:

1. The Guide Dog relief areas  are off the lobby through the side doors and there are trash cans by the doors. Do not use the main hotel entrance as there is no close grass. Hotel staff will be able to direct you to the side doors.
2. We will have general sessions in the exact same room as last year. The hotel was unable to move us. I know there were complaints about a haze of cigarette smoke. All I can do is ask smokers to be extra considerate. For example, instead of standing between Gateway 1 and Gateway 2  how about going on the other side of the entrance between Gateway 1 and the exit. The important thing is for all of us to respect each other's needs. Non-smokers need clean air and smokers need to smoke and no one should have to give up the convention experience to accommodate their own needs. Depending on your point of view this won't be an issue in future years as most communities now have public smoking bans.
3. Draft agendas  sent out have undergone  some changes in meetings and some room locations so be sure to pick up a final agenda at registration Friday night.

If anyone has additional questions please don't hesitate to contact me as this is a response to some questions I've gotten.
In the Meantime I can't wait for you to meet me in St. Louis.
Gene Coulter