[Nfbmo] Fw: Amendment #1

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 24 02:17:41 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: Eugene Coulter
To: gwunder at earthlink.net
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 8:29 PM
Subject: Amendment #1

{Please send to leaders}
Dear Affiliate members please find the current Affiliate constitution  last revised in 2007 along with a proposed replacement.
There are no substance changes at all to the constitution. This rewrite is mostly to fix inconstancies in the constitution  where titling and numbering  varied depending on the year Ian amendment was written. Below is what I hope is a complete list of the changes which I hope shows that I've done nothing to change current policy ormaterially change our constitution.
It is my strong hope that we won't need to read both the old and new constitutions on Saturday as that would involve excessive time. With that in mind please forward this information to anyone you know that is not on the leader's list as I certainly don't want anyone left out of the loop and uninformed.
If anyone wants to let me know about anything that needs to be changed from a technical aspect let me know. If you disagree with anything of substance you can of course propose your own amendment.

Here is what I did:
*Each Article is titled and subtitled in the same format.
*Sections within each article  are denoted by letters instead of numbers to minimize confusion a little about whether  one is speaking of Article 1 or Section1.
*When there are multiple Sections within  an article they have their own sub-title such as "SectionA, Name."
*Combined Article I and Article II into a new Article I withouthout changing a single word of the substance. The New Article is Titled "Establishment. It seems more appropriate to me to have the purpose and name of the organization right there together to make it clear who we are and what we stand for.
* Moving Article IX up the document and making it Article II. This Article is mandated by the national organization and is non-amendable. It seems since it is so important it should appear right after the name and purpose.
* Renumber Articles beginning with aArticle VIII to account for one less article.
*took out three words In article V Section a line 5 "beginning in 1996." This language is no longer needed as the procedure for electing board members is now well established.
*corrected a capitalization error and a couple of spelling errors.
That is it.
Thanks
Gene