[Nfbmo] Fw: [Chapter-presidents] An Exciting Program for Your Next ChapterMeeting!

fred olver goodfolks at charter.net
Tue Nov 3 21:07:58 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: Ewell, Jason
To: Chapter-Presidents at NFBNet.org
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 9:54 AM
Subject: [Chapter-presidents] An Exciting Program for Your Next ChapterMeeting!

Chapter Presidents:

Are you trying to decide what to do at your next chapter meeting? As we near the end of the year of the 200th anniversary of Louis Braille's birth, why not learn more about his life from Louis himself! He will visit your chapter and tell you about his childhood, his creation of the Braille code, and his battle to get Braille accepted during his teaching career. He will tell you all this in a very entertaining style!

We are proud to present to you Louiw Braille: A One-Man Play, by Jerry Whittle.

Federationists have attended the Louisiana Center for the Blind plays, performed by LCB students and written and directed by Mr. Whittle, for more than twenty years at our national conventions. In this one-man play, Jerry Whittle stars as Louis Braille. Presenting it at your next chapter meeting would be a great way to teach new and longtime members more about the man who opened up the world of literacy to the blind. Mr. Whittle wants to remind you that just as he is from the South, Louis Braille is from southern France!

Download or listen to the play at

http://www.nfb.org/Images/nfb/Audio/Louis_Braille,_One_Man_Play,_by_Jerry_Whittle.mp3

Happy listening!

Jason Ewell