[Nfbmo] Fw: !Spring 2010 VI Classes

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 9 18:04:51 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lehmann, Timothy A" <TimLehmann at MissouriState.edu>
To: <gwunder at earthlink.net>
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 10:12 AM
Subject: !Spring 2010 VI Classes

Gary,
Hello and I hope that your day is going well. Below is information on the
spring 2010 VI classes at MSU. Could you please post the information on the
NFB list serve? Thanks and have a nice day!
Missouri State University

The On-Line Vision Courses for Spring 2010 are:

?      SPE 709 section 899 (3 credit hours):
Instructor: Julie Anderson-Ituarte
This course provides students with pedagogical preparation to effectively
organize activities to promote literacy development, utilization of
assistive technology including voice out-put and other computer-based
applications, development of listening skills, as well as other
instructional adaptations for the curricular areas of language arts,
science, social studies, math, and physical education.

?      SPE 711 section 899 (3 credit hours):
Instructor: Dr. Paul Ajuwon
This course focuses on competencies in reading and writing Literary Braille
and the Nemeth Code for science and mathematics, including learning media
such as charts, graphs, and tables needed for instruction. Prerequisite: SPE
505/605

If you are interested in these courses contact the teacher certification
office at Missouri
State University to apply and establish a file. To begin the application
process go to the following link:
http://www.missouristate.edu/certification/9033.htm

For any additional questions specific to the application and registration
process, please call 417-836-8772.

Fees:
MSU On-line Courses: the fees are $275.00 per credit hour, for both Missouri
and non-Missouri residents. Note prices are subject to change.

Orientation and Mobility:
We are currently accepting applications for admission into the Orientation
and Mobility program offered at Missouri State University.  This is a highly
competitive process and we will have slots for 8 students to start during
the summer of 2010.   The deadline for review of you application is January
15, 2010.

For more information about the VI Certification or O&M program contact:
Julie Ituarte
E-mail: jandersonituarte at missouristate.edu

Tim Lehmann

Disability Projects Coordinator