[Nfbmo] Book for the President update!!!

fred olver goodfolks at charter.net
Tue Oct 27 20:29:54 UTC 2009

greetings all,

As you know, this summer we requested individuals to submit letters
concerning their experiences with braille.  The idea was to collect 100
letters addressed to the president of the United States emphasizing the
importance of braille literacy.  Initially, we planned to present the
book
to President Obama on October 1.  As you can imagine, scheduling a
meeting
with the President is very difficult.  As it turns out, we have been
told
that we will not be able to present the book to president Obama
personally.
We are now working on identifying an individual who can receive the book
on
behalf of the President.  Of course, our first choice would be a
presentation to the First Lady.  This, too, will be difficult.  In the
meantime, we are not releasing any information concerning whose letters
are
included in the book.  That information will be released at the time the
book is formally presented.

I apologize for the delay.  I know many of you are anxious to know
whether
your letter was selected.  All I can tell you is to be patient, and we
will
notify you as quickly as we can once we have been able to schedule an
event
to present the book.

Thanks,

Fred Schroeder