[Nfbmo] Coffee machines

Matthew Sievert msievert at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 28 02:26:00 UTC 2010

Gary,

The Coffee comes in little single serve containers that look like over sized creamer cups.

You put the cup in the top of the machine. Close the lid. This will poke a hole in the top and the bottom of the cup holding the ground coffee. Put your cup under the dispenser and push a big button. The machine dispenses hot water through the little "creamer cup" full of coffee and brewed coffee comes out of the bottom. At the end of the brew cycle the machine shoots air through the system so no hot liquid is left in the little cup containing the coffee grounds. Your "fresh" water is housed in a compartment to the left of the brewing area and holds up to two quarts of fresh cold water for the machine to use.

The machine is designed to offer different quantities. So you can select 8 ounces, 10 ounces, or 12 ounces. Per cup.

Once done brewing you open the top of the machine and pull out the used coffee container and toss it in the trash. No loose grounds to deal with.

One container usually gets you 10oz of good coffee at about 45 cents a cup.

Lots of flavors to choose from.

No exposed grounds. No pouring of hot liquids.

Machine stops making noise when brewing is done, and makes an noticeable "wooshing" noise when it clears the water from the brewing area.

It's a nice machine. They come in different sizes and price ranges.

I never thought about it's application for blind folks until i heard some of the Michigan chapter members talking about them at their convention. I had already had mine for a while.

Matt