[Nfbmo] Fw: NFB 2010 Scholarship Program for blind college students

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 26 23:20:37 UTC 2010

NFB 2010 Scholarship Program for blind college students

Dear Educators, Librarians, and Counselors:

I've attached a flyer about the National Federation of the Blind national scholarship program.  This program is solely for legally blind students in the United States or Puerto Rico who will be attending college or university in fall 2010.  We have 30 scholarships in our program. Students apply to the scholarship program (not for a particular scholarship). The NFB Scholarship Committee chooses the 30 winners from all who apply and later decides which scholarship each of the thirty winners will receive.

$12,000 -   1 award

$10,000 -   1 award

$  5,000 -   4 awards

$  3,000- 22 awards

Plus other gifts to our 30 scholarship winners.

Complete details are available on our Website at www.nfb.org/scholarships.

Please share this information with other departments and agencies in your state that have contact with blind college students. Please give it to any high school senior intent on entering college in fall 2010 or any blind college student from college freshman up through working on a PhD, and any counselor, teacher, or parent working with a blind scholar.

Cordially,

Mr. Anil Lewis, Chairperson

NFB Scholarship Committee

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

      at Jernigan Place

Office:  (410) 659-9314, x2415;

Email:  scholarships at nfb.org;

Website:  www.nfb.org/scholarships