[Nfbmo] Gary Wunder New Job

Matthew Sievert msievert at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 6 06:49:32 UTC 2010

Congratulations Gary!

On Jul 6, 2010, at 2:27 AM, "Eugene Coulter" <escoulter at centurytel.net> wrote:

Listers find below a rough draft of a press regarding some neat news regarding our State President. I am sending it out in rough form as I thought everyone on the list would want to know the information.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:
Eugene Coulter, Director of Public Relations
(573) 474-3226
(573) 268-7864 (Cell)

COLUMBIA MAN NAMED EDITOR OF NATION'S MOST PRESTIGIOUS PUBLICATION DEALING WITH BLINDNESS ISSUES

Dallas, Texas July 5, 2010

Gary L. Wunder, 55, of Columbia was named Editor of The Braille Monitor which is the monthly publication of the National Federation of the Blind) NFB).  The magazine is distributed electronically and inkprint to the 50,000 members of the NFB and interested professionals and is widely considered the leading voice in   matters dealing with the day to day lives of the nation's blind and visually impaired.

"This is quite a change in direction for me, but I look forward to the new challenge," Wunder remarked. Previously Wunder had been employed by the University of Missouri Hospital and Clinics for over thirty years as a computer/annalist supervisor.

Wunder is also currently President of the Missouri affiliate of the NFB (NFB-MO). He also has previously served as a national officer of the NFB.

About the National Federation of the Blind of Missouri

The National Federation of the Blind of Missouri has been actively involved in bettering the lives of blind persons for nearly forty years with eight chapters throughout the state.  The NFB-MO both advocates for blind persons and educates both sighted and blind persons about the capabilities of Blind and Visually Impaired Missourians. Nationally, with more than 50,000 members, the National
Federation of the Blind is the largest and most
influential membership organization of blind
people in the United States.  The NFB improves
blind people's lives through advocacy, education,
research, technology, and programs encouraging
independence and self-confidence.  It is the
leading force in the blindness field today and
the voice of the nation's blind.  In January 2004
he NFB opened the National Federation of the
Blind Jernigan Institute, the first research and
training center in the United States for the blind led by the blind.