[Nfbmo] Our friend Florence Neal

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 19 18:24:00 UTC 2010

It is with a heavy heart that I tell you we lost the company of Florence
Neil about one o'clock this afternoon. When I first met Bill in Florence,
she was always active and on the move. She loved children, and was Missy's
first babysitter. When I said I wasn't sure I could handle some of the
duties of being a father, she and her children gathered up a plastic baby
doll, and about six cloth diapers, and one Sunday afternoon was spent in
trying to make me a diaper expert.

Nobody made or loved fried chicken more than Florence. I used to be a
frequent dinner guest at their house, and after we would eat and bill would
get into his recliner chair to enjoy a St. Louis Cardinals baseball game,
Florence and I would take a walk. Not only would we enjoy the outside air
and some conversation, but the walk would help us rationalize all that we
ate that evening, and give us some good ammunition to tease bill about the
calories he wasn't burning.

We will post more information about funeral plans for our dear friend when
they become available.

Gary