[Nfbmo] Fw: Morris Frank Is Named to the Hall of Fame

James Moynihan jamesmoynihan at kc.rr.com
Thu May 13 20:13:06 UTC 2010

fyi

Cordially,

Jim Moynihan
----- Original Message -----
From: Newsletter The Seeing Eye
To: TSE Subscriber
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2010 1:27 PM
Subject: Morris Frank Is Named to the Hall of Fame

The Seeing Eye is extremely proud to announce that its co-founder, Morris Frank, has been named to the Hall of Fame for Leaders and Legends of the Blindness Field.

The Hall of Fame, founded in 2001, is housed at the American Printing House for the Blind (APH) in Louisville, Ky. The Hall is dedicated to preserving the tradition of excellence manifested by specific individuals through the history of outstanding services provided to people who are blind or visually impaired in North America. The Hall is guided by a nine-member Governing Board.

Morris Frank, along with the founder of the American Foundation for the Blind, M.C. Migel, represent the Class of 2010 and will be inducted during ceremonies on Oct. 15, 2010, in conjunction with APH's Annual Meeting in Louisville.

To date, 44 outstanding professionals have been inducted into the Hall of Fame.

The announcement from the Hall of Fame provided this description of Mr. Frank: "As the first person in North America to use a guide dog, Morris Frank promised to spread the word about the independence and enhanced mobility that could be experienced. Together with Dorothy Harrison Eustis, Frank founded The Seeing Eye in 1929, basing the organization on the philosophy that limitless possibilities exist within the lives of people who are blind. He was almost single-handedly responsible for the passage of initial legislation relevant to dog guide access in every state and province."

"It was his leadership and role modeling behavior that founded not only the first dog guide school but the entire industry -- an industry that today has over 80 accredited schools around the world," said President and CEO Jim Kutsch.

We thank the Directors of the Hall of Fame on behalf of Morris Frank, and congratulate our friends at the American Foundation for the Blind.

Teresa Davenport
Senior Communications Officer
The Seeing Eye

You are part of The Seeing Eye family, and we want to stay in touch. If your email address changes in the future, please be sure to notify us so that you will continue to receive email announcements. You can go to Newsletter Subscriptions to change subscription information or to remove your name from our email distribution. Please also encourage other grads, who may not be on our email distribution list, to subscribe online or send their email address to info at seeingeye.org, specifying the types of information they would like to receive.

If you have any questions or comments, please contact us at info at seeingeye.org or Communications Department, c/o The Seeing Eye, Inc. PO Box 375, Morristown, NJ 07963-0375.