[Nfbmo] FW: [Missouri_Assistive_Technology] FW: blindness and low visionsessions for students and teachers

Gary Wunder GWunder at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 23 20:51:19 UTC 2010

  _____

From: Vince Cianfrone [mailto:Vince at nanopac.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 12:48 PM
To: roselieb.thompson at att.net
Subject: blindness and low vision sessions for students and teachers

NanoPac is pleased to present free technology sessions in Missouri!

Featuring products and solutions for students with low vision and blindness.

3 cities in 3 days:

Springfield, MO - October 12, 2010

Kansas City, MO - October 13, 2010

Columbia, MO - October 14, 2010

Agenda:

9 a.m. - 12 noon.

Room 1:  Blindness solutions presented by Dave Wilkinson, NanoPac, Inc.

Room 2: Low vision solutions presented by Vince Cianfrone, NanoPac, Inc.

(these sessions run concurrently, so you can only attend one in the morning.
But, we duplicate the same sessions in the afternoon so you can get to both
if you choose.)

12 noon - 1 p.m.

Lunch is on us!

1 p.m. - 4 p.m.

Duplicate of morning sessions.

Choose to come for only one session of interest in the morning or the
afternoon, or please stay morning and afternoon and catch both sessions.

As space is limited, please call or email to register if you plan to attend.
Call 1-800-580-6086 or email me at vince at nanopac.com.

Please pass this on to any who might be interested.

Detailed session descriptions and locations follow:

Blindness solutions session

-           Digital talking books and alternative format.  Start to finish
downloaded or scanned books to Braille or digital book players.

-           GPS.  A simple GPS product for students and teachers alike.

-           Note takers vs. computers.  How do I choose what best fits my
student's needs?

Featured products include:

            Victor Reader Stream, BookSense, Duxbury Braille Translator,
OpenBook, PEARL, Trekker Breeze, note takers, JAWS for Windows and Braille
displays.

Low Vision solutions session

-           Electronic magnification in the classroom and at home.

-           Computer magnification.  How can my student benefit from these
products and level the playing field.

-           Scan and read.  Access to books and information with
magnification and speech.

Featured products include:

            Merlin, Acrobat, Amigo, Pebble, Transporter, ZoomText, MAGic,
OpenBook and PEARL.

Location details - please call or email for any additional directions:

Springfield, MO - October 12, 2010

Missouri State University

901 S. National Ave

Hill Hall Room 401