[Nfbmo] new book on blindness issues in Canada!

DanFlasar at aol.com DanFlasar at aol.com
Tue Feb 8 16:35:43 UTC 2011

Fred,
       I'd be very interested in reading this  book.  I've always thought
of Canada's social and governmental organization  as rationally compassionate
- particularly as evidenced in  it's successfully implemented universal
health care system.  Finding  out that Canada has an even higher unemployment
among the bilnd than the US and  that it's blind social policy is based on a
charity model certainly seems  at odds with what I admire about the Canadian
system.
     Of course, no system is going to get it right all  the time.  It's
always good to have our assumptions shaken  about.   Thanks for the forward.
Dan

In a message dated 2/8/2011 8:23:27 A.M. Central Standard Time,