[Nfbmo] APH exhibit

Susan Ford johnsusanford at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 15 04:17:54 UTC 2011

Our chapter had a very enjoyable and exciting time last week end touring the APH exhibit which is sponsored by the St. Louis Society and others and is in St. Louis until March 12.  For me it brought back many memories of learning to write Braille on that New Hall Braille writer, vintage 1940.  Also during my Master's program we did some studying about the War of the Dots.  We saw the maps and globes of geography, which I first saw as a kid at IBSSS in Iowa.  I had not seen the talking globe.  Nor had I seen a New York Point slate.  Does that tempt any of you to come and see the exhibit?  I know that Bryan Schulz has done some volunteering for the exhibit,  We thought we would spend an hour there.  We spent two hours and some of us were still not through.  We also took our support group from work on Thursday, and they enjoyed it fully as much.  It costs nothing and you will enjoy it and learn something as well.

Susan Ford