[Nfbmo] Readers, drivers and other services

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 21 03:27:43 UTC 2011

At the board meeting when we were throwing out ideas for the
agenda, folks suggested a discussion of getting readers, drivers
and other assistants to help blind people.  The questions ranged
from how to recruit, how to hire and fire, and how to supervise
so that you aren't at the mercy of unscrupulous people.  I hope I
have more people than we need, but who has advice they would like
to share if we were to put together a panel on this? Keeping in
mind Carol Schulz's suggestion that our panels really be more
than five presenters under one title with no give and take, I'd
like to put something together if people are interested enough to
really prepare and have something to say.

Let me know by Wednesday evening, please.

Gary