[Nfbmo] MO legislature consdering bill that could endanger disabled civil rights

DanFlasar at aol.com DanFlasar at aol.com
Mon Mar 28 17:40:36 UTC 2011

Hi all,
    I just saw this story in the St. Louis Beacon - an  on-line onl y
newspaper - regarding a bill that seems to be on a fast-track  to being passed
that could be a serious threat to civil rights for people with  disabilities.
I've provided a link to the story below.  The law would make it easier  for
a judge to throw out a suit claiming discrimination  without giving the
suit a chance to go to trial, hence depriving the plaintiff of their civil
rights to trial by jury.  The law covers other issues as well, including
protection of whistle-blowers but it's all covered in the article below.
   Does anyone feel that this is a legitimate call to action  for us to ask
our legislators to oppose the passage of this bill?

_http://www.stlbeacon.org/issues-politics/176-Missouri_Issues/109168-proposa
ls-to-change-state-human-rights-act_
(http://www.stlbeacon.org/issues-politics/176-Missouri_Issues/109168-proposals-to-change-state-human-rights-act)

Dan