[Nfbmo] Feedback wanted but not about the Meat

Susan Ford johnsusanford at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 29 03:08:26 UTC 2011

Gene:

If we are going to have a prayer breakfast, I think it should be a worship
service, not an NFB speech.  If we are going to have a Continental
breakfast, it should be advertised as such.  If people came thinking it
would be a nutritious meal, they must have been sorely disappointed.

If people continue to pre-register at the rate they did this year, maybe we
don't need as many hours of registration.  If there is enough manpower, it
might be helpful if you had one line to just pick up their packets, and a
second line for anyone who wants to purchase anything, even if they got
registration and some of the other things with pre-registration.  That would
mean those who must only pick up materials would not disturb the other line.
I do know, however, how hard it is to get another person to help with
registration.

I have thought about the lunch, and I am wondering if we could have a couple
of smaller ones, amking it possible to have meetings during the time.  The
grief seminar could have been done at such a time.  So could the family
responsibilities panel, but I'll bet there are many more people who should
have heard that discussion than those who listened or took part.  Maybe the
student group could meeting that way too.  That would then make less
crowding of evening meetings on Friday night.  Resolutions, ways and means,
and membership are more important than they appear to be at our convention.

Just some thoughts.

Susan Ford