[Nfbmo] A request for help from a former member

Gary Wunder GWunder at earthlink.net
Sat May 7 00:25:49 UTC 2011

Good evening folks.  Some of you who are long-time members and particularly
those who live in the St. Louis area will remember our friend Debbie
Kozolowski.  In addition to blindness, Debbie now has multiple sclerosis.
She has contacted me to ask that we assist her in the raising of $25,000 for
a modification to her van so she can get in and out of it independently.
You and I both know the difficulty involved in this request: a monetary
request which far outstrips our ability to match it, a questionable
relationship to blindness, and even the lack of participation, at least in
recent years.  Nevertheless, not knowing all there is to know about
resources available, I told Debbie that I would be glad to put this question
to our lists and see if there is any way we might be able to help her.

If any of you know of resources we might direct Debbie to, please send me a
note and I will pass the information along to her.

Warmest regards,

Gary