[Nfbmo] [MALWARE FREE]Re: [MALWARE FREE] RSB survey request

Horchem Gary horchemg at gary-springfield-mo.net
Tue Nov 22 00:33:20 UTC 2011

1). What RSB services and outcomes do you value most? Timeliness of service delivery(meaning if you going to start college in the fall RSB starts to work on that at their end right away.)

2). What are the barriers to access those RSB services? The lack of services locally. (there's only one employment angcey for the disabled/blind in Springfield) they say there gonna get you a job within 90 days of starting with them. In my case it has been 9 months the employment should be well versed in the top fields the most blind individuals go into eg. computer/IT customer service

3). What direction would you like to see RSB take in the future? I like to see RSB doing a better job of contracting with local providers eg employment agencies and that consolers are keeping better tabs on the finial placement from these employment angcenies.

>>> "Laird, Mark" 11/21/11 2:13 PM >>>
Regardless of the database you review, unemployment among individuals who are blind, ages 16-75, is far greater than unemployment among the nondisabled population. We need to set our goals higher, we need to free the environment of the barriers to employment for individuals with disabilities in order that they can grow and flourish. One of the essential functions of Rehabilitation Services for the Blind's (RSB) vocational rehabilitation program is to assist eligible individuals in preparing for, securing, retaining, or regaining an employment outcome that is consistent with their strengths, resources, priorities, concerns, abilities, capabilities, interests, and informed choice.

In my efforts to review the effectiveness of and consumer satisfaction with the services provided, functions performed, and employment outcomes achieved I would appreciate a few minutes of your time to respond to three survey questions.

1). What RSB services and outcomes do you value most?
2). What are the barriers to access those RSB services?
3). What direction would you like to see RSB take in the future?

Mark Laird
Deputy Director
Family Support Division
Rehabilitation Services for the Blind (RSB)
615 Howerton Court
Jefferson City, Mo. 65102
(573) 751-4249 business

This communication is being transmitted by the Department of Social Services (DSS) and is confidential, privileged, and intended only for the use of the recipient named above. If you are not the intended recipient, unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender and destroy the material received.

http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbmo_nfbnet.org/horchemg%40gary-springfield-mo.net
No malware was found: NETGEAR ProSecure Web and Email Threat Manager has scanned this mail and its attachment(s).