[Nfbmo] Urgent: Save Social Security

DanFlasar at aol.com DanFlasar at aol.com
Tue Nov 22 22:54:16 UTC 2011

As expected, this was simply a decision not to decide.  Recall that  the
super-congress was set up as a way to avoid the results of the Congress not
reaising the US debt ceiling.   Nothing has changed since then, except  that
there is supposed to be an across the board (including military  spending)
which are supposed to take place sometime in 2013 - after the 2012  election
when both parties hope to have won enough seats to more easily  safeguard
their particular priorities.
   In other words, they decided to continue to not decide.
    I don't know the specifics as to whether the  across-the-board cut will
affect Social Security - I suspect not but it could  affect Medicare and
definitely Medicaid.
    Takeaway?   Get informed about the issues  and the candidates -
particularly on a local level.
    And work hard to advocate for issues regarding the blind  and visually
impaired.
Dan
PS:   I tried *very hard* to be non-partisan here but I guess I  may have
offended the sensibilities of those few anarchists who don't think  voting is
worthwhile.

In a message dated 11/22/2011 2:41:05 P.M. Central Standard Time,