[Nfbmo] Braille Starbuck Card

Ruby Polk r.polk1 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 3 16:49:51 UTC 2011

 Thought you all would be
 interested.

 October is National Disability Awareness Month, and this fall we
 are taking
 this opportunity to release our first Starbucks Card with Braille
 lettering.

 The Starbucks Card in Braille was first suggested at a community
 symposium
 hosted by Starbucks and attended by national disability leaders
 in 2007.
 Starbucks partners (employees) from the Starbucks Access Alliance
 initiated
 the work internally, and helped bring the first Starbucks Card in
 Braille to
 fruition for the 2011 launch.

 Starbucks has taken a number of steps to make our stores
 accessible and
 welcoming to customers. Our new and remodeled stores include
 universal
 design elements, including a lower height counter for beverages.
 And at
 participating stores in the U.S. we have offered a large print
 Braille menu
 available upon request since 2008.

 The reloadable Card is available now at participating Starbucks
 stores in
 the U.S. and Canada for a limited time. The Starbucks Card in
 Braille will
> also be available online at Starbucks.com/Card and at
 StarbucksStore.com
 while supplies last.

Ruby J. Polk
Braille Skills of Kansas City