[Nfbmo] CS5 Bridge interferes w/ JAWS

DanFlasar at aol.com DanFlasar at aol.com
Thu Sep 29 05:52:43 UTC 2011

Hi all,
     I have been taking a series of Adobe Photoshop  courses and have been
working out the right combination of JAWS features to set  read the photo
metadata screens to find out the embedded picture parameters that  the camera
saves with that shot.
     One module of Photoshop CS5 is Bridge, which  allows the user to view
the metadata for each photo file in a file  folder.
     I was surprised to find that after I registered  CS5 and rebooted,
JAWS wouldn't work at all - in any program.
     After calling Freedom Scientific, I was told that  it might be my
virus protection software, McAffee - the tech claimed that both  Norton and
McAffee can interfere with JAWS.  After laboriously groin  through NMSconfig
Startup options, the problem was the Photoshop Bridge program,  not McAffee.
     I realize not many folks on this list would ever  use Photoshop but if
anyone hears of someone having a problem w/ JAWS on a tech  forum you
belong to and they work w/ photos, this might help them out.  I'm  reporting this
error in the morning to both FS and Adobe.
  Thanks,
Dan