[Nfbmo] Medicaid is fully restored!!!!

Gene Coulter escoulter at centurytel.net
Wed Apr 25 16:58:27 UTC 2012

First this is not near a done deal as I said in my middle of the night note.
The house and Senate have equal power in the conference committee that will
soon be meeting. Anything can happen in conference from the House version
to the Senate version or something in between. Without the Senate action
this morning, however, there would not be a snow balls chance of the funding
being nearly fully restored. So, yes we have one more round of pushing to do
and if we are successful there we can claim total victory as the Governor is
on our side.
Finally it is not “Hooray MCB” it is “Hooray everyone” as  much work went
into this from several groups including NFB, MCB, the governor’s office, and
many other groups that had a vested interest. I am happy that people from
all groups worked TOGETHER to get this far let’s not stop now.
Gene