[Nfbmo] Fw: URGENT: Final CRPD Action Before the Vote

McMahon, Cory J cory.j.mcmahon at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 11:09:39 UTC 2012

Good morning, all-FYI!

Sincerely,

Cory McMahon

----- Original Message -----
From: Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund
To: cory.j.mcmahon at gmail.com
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2012 5:05 AM
Subject: URGENT: Final CRPD Action Before the Vote

If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may see it online.

      Share This:

                              CRPD VOTE: Act Now!

                              FINAL CALL BLITZ FOR THE CRPD TODAY, MONDAY,
                              THE INTERNATIONAL DAY OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES

                              Time is running out. This Tuesday, December 4th at 12PM, the CRPD will be voted on by our Senators--make sure they do the right thing and vote YES.

                              We all have worked years to come to this point. Over 300 disability and veteran organizations, and thousands of disability advocates have weighed in and worked tirelessly to get a vote on the CRPD in the Senate. But, a small and LOUD opposition led by Rick Santorum and the Tea Party is using misinformation to take the votes that we have all worked so hard to secure. Senators opposed to our treaty have agreed to a vote without amendments because they think the disability community will NOT win. We must prove them wrong.

                              We are DOWN the votes we need, but the disability community SHOULD NOT AND DOES NOT GIVE UP!

                              1. CALL BLITZ! EVERYONE PLEASE CONTACT EACH OF THESE 11 SENATORS AND ASK THEM TO VOTE YES. IF WE ACT, THEY WILL LISTEN:

                              Senate Switchboard:  (202) 224-3121

                              Message: "Senator, I am calling to urge you vote YES for the CRPD.  This is a disability issue and the disability community says VOTE YES!"

                              Isakson (GA) (202) 224-3643
                              Chambliss (GA) (202) 224-3521
                              Grassley (IA) (202) 224-3744
                              Coats (IN) (202) 224-5623
                              Moran (KS) (202) 224-6521
                              Roberts (KS) (202) 224-4774
                              Blunt (MO) (202) 224-5721
                              Heller (NV) (202) 224-6244
                              Hutchison (TX) (202) 224-5922
                              Hatch (UT) (202) 224-5251
                              Portman (OH) (202) 224-3353

                              Please act quickly and do your part to make this a WIN for the disability community around the world.  Let's not look back and think of what we should have done but what we DID do!

                              EMAIL, FAX, and DROP OFF the new CRPD handout in MASSES.  Get it to the PRESS in your town and state.

                              Link to CRPD Handout:
                              http://usicd.org//doc/SupportheCRPD%20AD.pdf

                              Find your Senator's contact here!
                              http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

                              2. SEND PRESS ADVISORIES to your local press for any action you are taking-- this can be delivering your letters to your Senator's offices, visits, or any other action.

                              Sample press advisory and additional information available here (mulitple pages):
                              http://cdn.e2ma.net/userdata/1407889/assets/docs/roots_release_d_-_december_2__2012.pdf

                              3. DISSEMINATE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
                                a.. Spread the word of the NEW Washington Post Opinion article "Vote Yea on Disabilities":  http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/a-yea-on-disabilities/2012/12/02/ce5c6e2c-3cb5-11e2-ae43-cf491b837f7b_story.html
                                a.. Also spread the word: Former Attorney General Dick Thornburg and Ted Kennedy, Jr. at 9:10AM ET Monday discuss why to vote YES on CRPD: Daily Rundown with Chuck Todd, MSNBC

                              Thank you!  We CAN do this! LEAD ON!

                        3075 Adeline Street | Berkeley, CA 94703 US

            This email was sent to cory.j.mcmahon at gmail.com. To ensure that you continue receiving our emails, please add us to your
            address book or safe list.

            manage your preferences | opt out using TrueRemoveT

            EmailNow powered by Emma