[Nfbmo] Fw: Next Steps: We Need YOU!

McMahon, Cory J cory.j.mcmahon at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 23:47:18 UTC 2012

All,

FYI. Please share with your networks!

Sincerely,

Cory McMahon

----- Original Message -----
From: Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund
To: cory.j.mcmahon at gmail.com
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2012 9:49 AM
Subject: CRPD: Next Steps: We Need YOU!

If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may see it online.

      Share This:

                              Next Immediate Steps for CRPD - We need YOU!

                              One week ago, the Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund (DREDF) and the U.S. International Council on Disabilities (USICD) held a community debrief of the failed vote in the U.S. Senate for the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD). Thank you to everyone who participated in this helpful discussion. See below for next steps for the treaty as well new resources and the substantial press covering CRPD right now.

                              What's Next

                              Senators Reid and Kerry have stated that they plan to bring the CRPD up again this winter, as early as January. Our work as a community in anticipation of this return of the CRPD to the Senate must start now. Please see the resources and requests below so that we can together reignite the strong and unified movement.
                              Sign up to be a State Leader for CRPD!

                              In order to amplify our collective voice, particularly to counter a misinformed but loud opposition, we need to identify leaders in each state who can take responsibility for getting the latest information out to the disability community in their state and also be a point person to coordinate state activities with the national coalition. CRPD state leaders are urgently needed to coordinate the disability community's voice-is this you?  We need you!

                              CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!

                              Take Action with NEW Resources!

                              See the resources below and make sure you weigh in with your senators either via phone, Facebook, Twitter or in person.
                                a.. Senator Contacts
                                a.. CRPD Status Update/Talking Points with Sample Messages to Senators
                                a.. Senator vote record/Twitter and Facebook contacts
                              More information and media coverage on the CRPD!
                                a.. USICD CRPD Updates Page
                                b.. CRPD taking over the media!

                        3075 Adeline Street | Berkeley, CA 94703 US

            This email was sent to cory.j.mcmahon at gmail.com. To ensure that you continue receiving our emails, please add us to your
            address book or safe list.

            manage your preferences | opt out using TrueRemoveT

            EmailNow powered by Emma