[Nfbmo] Report: Disabled parents face bias, loss of kids

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 17 21:56:07 UTC 2012

Hello, Dick.  Thank you very much for the new link.  I'm glad you gave me
the opportunity to read this article.  It leaves my stomach feeling a bit
upset, not only for the kinds of misunderstanding and discrimination it
portrays, but because, completely omitted from the article, where the
advocacy networks necessary to give blind and otherwise disabled parents any
clout in the courts has been completely omitted.  One wonders whether the
parents who were interviewed consider that they did it all on their own or
that the help they received didn't really merit any attention.  Of course, I
know quite well that journalists prefer to talk about people over
organizations, and I have given many an interview in which the National
Federation of the Blind should have been prominent, but my story was the one
they heard and reported.

Thank you again for giving me an active link.  It was very helpful.  Merry
Christmas to you, Diana, and Kevin.