[Nfbmo] FW: Alphapointe Open Position

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 20 17:06:15 UTC 2012

From: Campbell, Amy [mailto:acampbell at alphapointe.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2012 1:21 PM
To: bdewberry at kc.rr.com; sbwright95 at att.net; gwunder at earthlink.net;
independenceman at sbcglobal.net; sfass at fightblindness.org; cpyper at kc.rr.com;
dhuff at moblind.org; katheylw at mindspring.com; kabvi at att.net;
michael.a.stjulien at dss.mo.gov; belinda.k.caldwell at dss.mo.gov;
lisa.peterson at dss.mo.gov; carly.r.elms at dss.mo.gov; Jim Brinkmann
(james.d.brinkmann at dss.mo.gov); Rachel Labrado
(Rachel.M.Labrado at dss.mo.gov); mark.laird at dss.mo.gov;
naomi.soule at dss.mo.gov; cindy.bitterman at dss.mo.gov;
nancy.flearl at nebraska.gov; Chad Weber (chad.weber at nebraska.gov);
jennie.mascheck at msb.dese.mo.gov; jamesg.burns at kcva.gov;
careerconnect at afb.net; robertsc at missouri.edu
Cc: Hancock, Celia; Berry, Clay; Yearns, Diane
Subject: Alphapointe Open Position

Hello everyone,

I am reaching out to you today in hopes that you may be able to assist
Alphapointe in filling a position that we currently have open.  Details are
as follows:

Full Time, Second Shift Switchboard Operator, Kansas City Veteran's
Administration Hospital

.         Responsible for processing incoming and outgoing telephone
calls/emergency procedures.

.         Work as a telephone operator; process incoming/outgoing telephone
calls for the medical center; operate computer based console switchboard,
radio paging, public address and audiovisual call systems; provide
switchboard services for the effective operations of the VA Medical Center.

.         Respond to various emergencies and/or emergency alarms; activate
necessary procedures for such situations as, but not limited to, cardiac
arrest and patient disturbances; use the public address (PA) system, radio
paging and two-way radio systems to relay messages and make announcements;
answer all emergency calls and alarms quickly and accurately; operate
wireless radio and digital pagers and paging systems; maintain appropriate
records; test code pagers.

.         Monitor backup systems for fire alarm, smoke alarm and policy
security systems.

Requirements:

.         High school graduate or equivalent

.         Type 35 WPM

.         Computer literate in Microsoft Office

.         Working knowledge of adaptive technology/JAWS/ZoomText is
preferred

.         Strong communication skills:  reading, writing and verbal.

Due to the fact that this opening is on the second shift (low staffing
level) and there is currently no adaptive technology available for certain
aspects of the position, the candidate must have some usable vision.

I would appreciate you forwarding this information on to anyone that you
think may be interested.  Anyone interested can feel free to email me or
call me directly.  If you need details on compensation, please let me know.

Thanks for your time.

Amy L. Campbell

Director of Human Resources

cid:DFBC8280-E544-447F-84B2-685D944FEB61

7501 Prospect

Kansas City, MO 64132

Main (816) 421-5848

Direct (816) 237-2007

Fax (816) 237-2019

Visit us online at  <http://www.alphapointe.org/> www.alphapointe.org

<http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/pages/Alphapointe/1554000178135
09?v=wall&ref=sgm> Description: Description: Description: Description:
<http://www.twitter.com/alphapointe> Description: Description: Description:
<http://www.youtube.com/user/alphapointeonline> Description: Description: