[Nfbmo] Story of Blind Dad on NPR's This American Life

DanFlasar at aol.com DanFlasar at aol.com
Tue Jan 3 06:53:26 UTC 2012

Hi all,
    I heard this story last Sunday on NPR's "This American  Life" - a radio
anthology series featuring spoken vignettes arranged about a  theme for
each show.
    Here's the URL:

_http://www.thisamericanlife.org/play_full.php?play=420&podcast=1_
(http://www.thisamericanlife.org/play_full.php?play=420&podcast=1)

     The Second Act occurs at about 23 minutes and 25  seconds into the
show if you can find a way to navigate the progress bar.   Otherwise, the 1st
Act is pretty interesting any way .
   Act Two is about a blind father taking his infant daughter out  for the
first time - by himself.  It has to be noted that dispite the name  of the
program, the narrator is Canadian and the story was originally aired on
Canadian national radio.
    I'd like to know what y'all think of the story and the  father's
thoughts on his experience.

Dan