[Nfbmo] Fw: Driverless Cars Could Transform Auto Industry

Gary Wunder GWunder at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 15 18:43:00 UTC 2012

I agree with Dan.  It will be most interesting to hear what you say.  I
don't have any blasting returned, but I do have a theory.  First, in order
for us to collaborate, that would mean that Google would have been looking
for a partner.  I am not aware that they were.  Second, it would've meant
that our goals and Google's goals were the same, but there are some
important differences.  Google wants to develop a car that can drive itself.
We want to develop a car that we can have some influence in driving.  This
also means that we want to figure out different ways to provide sensory
input that can be generalized to things other than driving.  If we can
figure out how to handle all of the parallel information that the sighted
driver gets through navigating his or her vehicle, we will have greatly
widened the pathways by which we can get information and generalize that to
much more than driving.

This is my theory.

Warmly,

Gary