[Nfbmo] Gov. Nixon issues statement on House committee vote to cut health care from more than 2, 000 needy blind Missourians

Gary Wunder GWunder at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 7 23:44:40 UTC 2012

Contact:          Scott Holste, (573) 751-0290

                        Scott.Holste at mo.gov

                        Sam Murphey, (573) 751-0290

                        Sam.Murphey at mo.gov

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

March 7, 2012

Gov. Nixon issues statement on House committee vote to cut health care from
more than 2,000 needy blind Missourians

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Gov. Jay Nixon today issued the following statement on
vote by a House committee to slash health care services from more than 2,000
blind Missourians:

"As I have throughout my time as Governor, I will continue to make the tough
decisions necessary to balance our budget and hold the line on taxes.  But
slashing health care from more than 2,000 needy blind Missourians simply
isn't an option.  Full funding for this program is the only way to ensure
that needy blind Missourians have access to the critical health care
services they need.

"For decades, Missouri has provided vital health care services for needy
blind people across our state.  Strict  <http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/blindp.htm>
eligibility requirements ensure that these services help blind Missourians
with the greatest need.  This is an efficient and compassionate program that
truly saves lives."

The program's strict eligibility requirements are available here
<http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/blindp.htm> .

###