[Nfbmo] Today's rally

Gary Wunder GWunder at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 14 01:24:16 UTC 2012

I write to thank you for all of the time and energy you put into making
today possible.  I was asked by a reporter what optimism I could bring to
blind people who were worried about these cuts, and the single most thing
that makes me feel optimistic is that we have mobilized to try to stop them
and to help almost 3000 blind people.

I do not know how much press we have gotten as a result of the rally and the
press release we issued earlier today.  I do know that Bill Neal had a
substantial segment on one of our local television channels in the five
o'clock hour and a smaller one at six.  There was an interview on our news
talk radio station here which played for several hours, and I think the
coverage was favorable.  I know that a reporter from the University of
Missouri radio station here in Columbia was present throughout the rally and
that many of us were interviewed.  I have not heard that coverage, but I
have every reason to believe that the sacrifice you made in coming will be
reflected in that piece.

Not everyone who attended today has e-mail.  Please see that they get a
thank you as well.

Let's not stop.  Our legislators are at home this week.  Find their local
numbers.  Many home numbers are listed.  Give them a call.  Write to them;
in the case of our Columbia representatives, the messages they receive are
being forwarded to them.

Thanks again to all.

Gary